The Secrets for Managing the Virtual Workforce Remotely
According to Remote Job Marketplace State by Flexjobs 3.6 million United State employees, 2.9 percent of the total United State Workforce are jobs from home. At least, half-time from 1.8 million, it’s predicted that 38 percent of full-time workers are using tools for working remotely.
In fact, remote workers include almost an equal number of male and female at the ratio of 52:48 respectively, with an average age starting at 46 old. Although, the population may be developing in this equal new communing choice not all companies that are prepared to control the workers. The following are the minimum abilities required to work remotely. Persons must be:
This means that he must have the capability of using all remote software especially for project management, file sharing time tracking, and every communication types.
He should be able to prioritize, order file both off and online and manage their time efficiently.
Capable to commit to equal working hours daily with less supervision and record those hours effectively.
Manage to complete the assignment and meet the deadline without supervision
Being able to conduct themselves, similarly as they are in an office surrounding during the meetings, or during video conferencing.
Other Requirement for working remotely
In addition, a remote worker always requires a quiet environment, away from any sort of distraction. Also, they should have every necessary tool to conduct tasks every day. The necessary equipment includes reliable internet, desk, and a printer. This requirement must be documented in some kind of written format and then signed by each and every party as they agree to work remotely.
Software solutions used by the Remote consultant
- File sharing drive
- Joint screen sharing, video conferences, and phone
- Smart Sheets for project collaboration management tracking
- Online Gmail Hangouts chats
Therefore, below are some outlined ways an employer can efficiently manage their virtual team:
- Conduct short icebreaker for the first 5 minutes every week calls that enable everybody to contribute and have a chance to mingle with one another.
- Get everybody to sign the remote work integrity and honesty contract, which include the above-listed skills.
- Establish standards and documents guidelines for each deliverable to make sure overall consistency.
- Apply the agendas for every meeting and be strict to the times decided for all discussion topic and supply the action/recap item summary after every meeting.
- Assign the tasks that depend on everyone’s skill set.
Be available for your team. Always make sure that you are on an assigned chat platform with your team or available through your phone.
When all the above aspect of tools for working remotely are combined together, the outcomes can be good for both employees and employers. In fact, a remote worker can save some money on items such as tolls, gas, childcare and work clothes since work-life balance, commute stress and time-saving are the main reason most people look for a flexible job.