Everything to Know About Best Shocks for Towing Chevy 1500
Purpose of shock absorber for towing
The shock absorber is mainly a mechanical device that is used to absorb the impulses. Various shock absorbers are designed for different driving needs. A good shock can decrease the workload.Also, it smoothens the motion and gives a comfortable feeling to the passengers. Usually, pair of shocks last upto 50,000 miles.In the market, there are many options available for the best shocks for towing chevy 1500.
Types of Best Shocks for Towing Chevy 1500
The first thing one should consider what the real use of Silverado 1500 is
- The Commute ison the highway or on the streets
- Carry heavy loads for camping, work
- Towing trailers or other vehicles
- Trail/ off-road riding
- The duration one wants to keep the vehicle, may it be for short or long.
Some of the options for the Best Shocks for Towing Chevy are listed below:
- Fox 980-24-660 Shocks for Towing a Chevy 1500: Features includes
- The body is rust-resistant.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- The body is made up of aluminum for long life.
- It mainly fits with those vehicles that have either 2 wheel or 4 wheels.
- It uses the JM92 fluid that works with different temperatures.
- It has got mono-tube reservoir design
- Here the shock boots are not included.
- Fox 985-02-018 Shocks for Towing a Chevy 1500: Features includes
- It is corrosion-resistant.
- The bearing is large in diameter for heavy-duty.
- It has got improved piston design.
- The exteriors are made up of aluminum to increase oil capacity.
- The finish is double coated for long life.
- The shaft is chrome plated alloy steel.
- The shocks in this model are heavier as compared to any other model
- Rancho RS9000XL Adj Shock Rear Pair 99-06 Silverado 1500 4WD w/2-4″ Lift: Feature includes
- It has gota twin-tube design.
- It has a metallic finish for a long life.
- The loop is double welded. It adds extra strength.
- The installation process is easy with coil springs.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The price is a little bit higher as compared to the other options.
Some of the precautions needed for the shocks for the better life of the vehicle:
- If the shocks are leaking by any means then they need to be replaced.
- It is not advisable to ride with broken shocks, for safety reasons.
There are many options for shocks for towing available in the market. One should choose the best depending on the requirement and condition of the vehicle.