CBD Serves As A Natural And Safe Remedy Of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Nearly 1.5% of US adults are diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) among which 80% of them are affected with moderate to serious impairment. It is a mental health condition that causes a person to have repeated unwanted thoughts and emotions along with compulsive actions like repeating certain words, cleaning often/ praying excessively.
OCD includes anxiety and despair and many do compulsive actions unintentionally to combat their anxiety. The reasons for the occurrence of OCD aren’t clear yet and the treatment method varies for each person since the same treatment wouldn’t work for all. Usually, cognitive behavioral therapy/ psychotherapy is coupled with antidepressants.
CBD for OCD:
Researchers suggest that the current sensational therapeutic component CBD can be used in conjunction with traditional OCD treatment methods for more effectiveness. CBD is found to help with anxiety and depression and promotes a sense of calmness. The WHO has deemed CBD to be safe for use.
Many people with OCD have turned to this natural supplement and found it to be helpful. If you are looking for pure CBD products, you can buy CBD online from the JustCBD store. They are one of the top CBD manufacturers in the US owing to their high-quality products. They offer a wide range of CBD products and each of them has gone through laboratory testing.
Why use CBD for treating OCD?
The antidepressants prescribed aren’t without its side effects including nausea, weight gain, loss of libido, insomnia, vision impairment, anxiety, and irritation, etc. The prescribed anti-anxiety medications have similar side effects and cause dependency. Once you are stopping these drugs, you are likely to experience withdrawal symptoms.
CBD oil has little to no side effects. The side effects are minimal and there is no dependency involved. CBD is a safer alternative to ease the symptoms of anxiety and OCD. CBD has shown promising results in researches. As per the researches:
- CBD is effective in treating anxiety disorders and since OCD is a form of anxiety disorder, CBD would prove beneficial.
- CBD can be used as a sedative medication just as diazepam which is used to treat anxiety and 79.2% felt it helped with anxiety.
- CBD oil helped patients with PTSD which is also associated with anxiety
How does CBD work in treating anxiety?
Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase (FAAH) is an enzyme that breaks down the ‘bliss molecule’ anandamide. CBD inhibits FAAH and thereby reduces anxiety levels. An increase in anandamide prevents a person from getting caught up in compulsive thoughts.
Types of CBD:
CBD is available in various forms and the choice of CBD delivery method depends on your personal preference and lifestyle. The types include:
- CBD edibles and capsules: It is easy to control dosage with edibles. It takes about an hour to experience effects but the effects last for 4 to 6 hours.
- CBD oil and tinctures: You’ll have to measure the dosage using an affixed dropper. The effects are seen in 30 minutes and last up to 2 to 4 hours.
- CBD vape and flowers: You can experience effects in just a minute or so but the effects wear off after 2 hours.
25mg of CBD can be taken a day for treating OCD. It is recommended to consult your physician about CBD’s interaction with other prescription drugs you are taking and then go ahead with CBD.