Find The Best Civil Litigation Lawyer Singapore Online
When it comes to the law, there are different types. If you need legal assistance, it is imperative to know and understand everything about legality. Legal is not about the kind of criminal affairs that you might watch every day on the TV. It is much more complicated and, at the same time, simple, depending on your legal requirements. While speaking of legal matters, you might consider understanding civil litigation lawyers. The civil litigation lawyer singapore services can offer paralegals, lawyers, and investigators.
Understanding Civil Litigation
Civil Litigation is a legal dispute where more than two parties need to see monetary damages. It also implies specific cases that do not involve any criminal accusation. Some civil litigation cases often go to trials where the judge needs to determine the specific outcome. However, it is likely to keep in mind that not all trials will have outcomes. There are many different kinds of Civil Litigation. Civil Litigation might arise from the following:
- Construction liability
- Personal injury
- Product liability
- Any Real-estate dispute
- Medical malpractice
- Anti-trust litigations
- Compensation claims from workers
- An intellectual property dispute
- Tenant or Landlord disputes
Civil Litigation is a certain kind of legal processing that does not include any criminal penalties or charges.
Terms used in Civil Litigation
To understand civil Litigation completely, there are some terms that you need to understand first. Some of these terms used in civil Litigation are:
- Petition: A legal document that is supposed to request any court order.
- Complaint: The pleading statement is responsible for setting any civil litigation case in motion.
- Tort:Any wrongdoing act that can result in the harm or suffering of any other person.
- Arbitration: When in any disagreement, two parties try to resolve specific issues without having to go to the courts.
- Deposition: This is a sworn statement that the witnesses make outside any courtroom to gain specific information related to a civil lawsuit.
Role of a Civil Litigation Lawyer
The civil litigation lawyer singapore services are also considered to be trial lawyers. They either represent plaintiffs or defendants who are a part of any civil dispute. Civil litigation lawyers specialize in a very specific area. They deal with mainly medical or law malpractice suits. Since civil Litigation is a considerably broader area, they focus on a smaller area.
The daily activities of a civil litigation lawyer include drafting complaints from clients and interviewing them. They also draft motions and conduct depositions. The task of a civil litigation lawyer is to determine the most effective and best strategy to use in any case. This includes negotiations and mediation to settle any case at the court. So, these lawyers have the responsibilities such as investigations, settlements, trials, jury selection, court appearances, and appeals.